Friday, September 10, 2010

Update

Still on my break from quilting, but just before drifting off to sleep last night a block design for my next quilt came to me.  Keep a pad and pencil on the nightstand just for such thoughts -- so I jotted it down.  Just a simple applique for the DGD's purple quilt.  Read about using a washable glue stick to tack an applique down for stitching & think I'll try that trick.  

If I do a sampler quilt for DGD, as my thought is now, it's possible to make a block as inspiration strikes rather than it being a full-time endeavor.  And, as a bonus, I could use multi purples rather than being limited to a few; and the off-white background fabric could also have variety.
Photo of Goldie on Blue & White Sampler Quilt -- result of an internet Block Swap.
 

Because I'd like to draft that simple block before cutting -- to check proportions -- I intended to pick up a newsprint pad at Michaels today.  It's been years since I last bought one -- talk about sticker shock!!  Somewhere among all my "stuff" there has to be some newsprint I can use.  Ages ago one could call the local newspaper & pick up an "end roll" (like the end of a bolt of fabric) for $3.00. 

Have been working on scrapbook pages.  There are quite a few that need only the journaling and/or titles so those are the ones I'm finishing up.   Want to have a number of "page kits" made up for an October Crop. 
  
Reading "Miss Zukas and the Island Murders" by Jo Dereske.  I like Helma and her sidekick Ruth; it's an enjoyable cozy mystery series.