Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Morning Visitors

Today I had company for my morning coffee, first a chickadee fastidiously nibbling at the sunflower seed scattered on the patio, then two voracious squirrels (aka "Tree Rats" - lots of them from the woods behind us) came.  Tri, sitting on the table top for a "box seat" view, watched them all.  Based on the soft growling sounds made,  she seemed to associate the chickadees with her bed-time chicken-flavored Temptations, while a stronger growl warned the squirrels to "get off my patio". 

Before they gorged on the seed, the squirrels paused on the top of a snowbank and peered in at me -- well, at least someone has a use for these banks of snow shoveled off the roof. 

I have, or at least had, the stencil I made for quilting a row of chickadees in one of the borders of my "Good Neighbors" quilt.  It's not where it should be so I can't post it now, but I'll look for it to share another day.