Sunday, January 2, 2011

TARGET GOAL FOR 2011

Rather than making New Year's Resolutions, I like to look back at the ending year and take stock of what I did accomplish and what was left "pending".  There always seems to be one or two of those pending items that really don't need doing or whose need has expired.  Then I like to select a few Focus items for the New Year.  2010's Quilting Focus was overwhelmed by the Elks Auction Table Runner. 

A dear Granddaughter's favorite color is purple.  So the very FIRST, the VIP quilt item for my 2011 Focus is a purple lap quilt for her.  It will be a sampler quilt so I can use many shades of purple, lots of purple FQs and the variety of block patterns avoids having to make the same block over and over, which I find quite boring.
And doing a variety also means some blocks can be very simple / easy and some can be more complex.