Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Company for Morning Coffee Break

The cardinal did come for a late lunch yesterday. 

And this morning, the seed left from the house sparrow 's breakfast  (I think that's what has a nest tucked against the wall under the patio roof) provided a welcome brunch for Mr. Mole.  He's not as adventurous as his Wind in the Willows namesake, but he does scoot under even the thinnest cover of snow that drifted onto the patio and pop up to fill his tummy with sunflower seed. Tri kept a very close eye on him, but I suspect she would consider him a new playmate, not a prime rib substitute. 

Unfortunately my camera wasn't handy.   I know there's Alice in Wonderland fabric (until I checked I thought Mr. Mole was a member of Alice's Wonderland), but I wonder if there's a Wind in the Willows fabric.  Wouldn't either make a delightful quilt for a young Alice?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hectichousehold/5066745852/