Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Currently Reading

Murder at the PTAMurder at the PTA by Laura Alden.  This is her first book, and so far -- I'm little more than 1/2 way through -- she's going on my "watch list" for another in this series.  It's my usual cozy murder mystery. 

Just finished Old World Murder by Kathleen Ernst.   "Chloe Ellefson is a newly hired curator at Old World Wisconsin, an actual pioneer living history museum in the Wisconsin."  The setting reminded me of Sturbridge Village in MA, which we spent a very enjoyable day at years ago.  Always meant to go to their Thanksgiving dinner at the Oliver Wight Tavern. http://www.osv.org/activities_events/event_calendar_more.html?ID=564&DateID=1635

Doesn't that menu sound yummy!  Think I'll look for a recipe for the Roast Pineapple Slices -- it would make a different side dish that should be rather easy to do.   I love acorn squash & it's in now -- must pick up some; I've done it with the brown sugar & maple syrup.