Tuesday, May 3, 2011

An Ordinary Day

Yesterday and today's simple routine of meals, house tasks, favorite TV shows and quiet reading is a good counterpoint to a string of eventful days.  Friday's Royal Wedding was followed by a special family visit on Sunday. 

Tomorrow The View has Dick Van Dyke as a guest promoting his new book, My Lucky Life In and Out of Show Business.

My Lucky Life In and Out of Show Business: A Memoir
Amazon.com




















For me the show's a personal classic -- along with Arthur Godfrey and I Love Lucy.
It's been added to my "Must Read" list -- a nice change from the cozy murder mystery.

Goldie feels he's just as graceful and light on his toes -- unless he wants breakfast and I'm sleeping in-- then he lands with tonnage.  At least he's not dragging the quilt with him.